I am due on April 20, 2011 | IT'S A GIRL!!!

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

RECIPE: CHILI

CHILI

I made chili last night and it came out so good i wanted to share how i made it. It was easy and frugal!
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 huge vidalia onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
packet of chili seasoning/mix
1 can diced tomatoes undrained
2 cans kidney beans undrained
ketchup

First i put some vegetable oil into the skillet and cooked the onion until translucent.
I then transfered them into a big pot.
Next i cooked the peppers until they still had a slight crunch and added them to the pot
(of course u can cook both together but i felt more comfortable cooking them seperate)
Then i cooked the ground beef until it was cooked through and used a slotted spoon to drain it as i added it to the pot.
I put the diced tomatoes, kidney beans and chili mix in next
I squeezed a generous amount of ketchup in (because thats what  my mom does and it makes the chili more sweet. thats how i like my chili, i dont eat it spicy)
I stirred everything and just let it cook low for about a half an hour while i put some easy add water to dry mix biscuits into the oven.

I served the chili with some mild chedder cheese and a scoop of sour cream on the top.
It was yummy and we all loved it!

I decided to add an extra can of kidney beans instead of just 1 because i wanted to stretch the chili out a bit. it was enough to feed 3 and there are leftovers!!

1 comment:

  1. I love chili but I hate onions and peppers so I always leave them out! I'll have to try ketchup in my chili sometime, great idea!

    ReplyDelete